Saturday, October 22, 2005

Name change

Okay, so you log on to my blog because you feel like seeing what I have to say that's so interesting I just had to start a blog. And then you notice the name: Lisa Arch. Now, if you just accidentally came across my blog, you don't notice anything odd. You'd probably just think, "Oh, this must be Lisa Arch's blog." BUT if you logged on throught the Lisa Kushell web site, you'd probably think, "Who the hell is Lisa Arch?"

Well, they are one in the same. After five and a half years of marriage, I decided to finally do it. That's right. I took my husband's name. To be honest, I would have done it immediately but I was afraid of the career problems it might pose. I've been Lisa Kushell in this business for about 10 years and now everyone's going to have to learn my new name. That's not generally the best idea when you're already on the D-List (to borrow a Kathy Griffin phrase). But then I started thinking about it as a new beginning. A chance to start over and possibly re-define myself. I like new beginnings. Change doesn't scare me. So, there it is. Lisa Arch is my new name, dammit! Learn it. Live it. Hopefully soon "Lisa Arch" will be in the credits of something. Hopefully something good. But, if it's something horrible that I took out of complete desperation, at least I won't sully the career of Lisa Kushell. Ha! See? There's my first bonus. From now on I can't embarrass my family with bad career choices, but I CAN embarrass my husband's family! Things are already looking up. I like this name change thing.

Signed,
Mrs. Arch

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Markowitz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Michael Markowitz said...

Lisa, no matter what your name is, I love your blog. (Now in the interest of full disclosure, I know Lisa and am a friend of hers. Still, I don't think being her friend disqualifies me from liking her. Not all my friends like me.)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not officially "family" but I think I can speak for all of America when I say that I would appreciate it if you would NOT book any jobs that will embarrass ME or my family either.

And I am in full support of the name change. Lisa Arch is a VERY good name. Who IS Lisa Kushell really, anyway? Or should I say who WAS??

9:38 AM  
Blogger James Scolari said...

do we, I wonder, qualify as "something horrible you took out of complete desperation?" lol... actually, there are quite a few members of the art department who would say so...

not me, naturally... I am completely fulfilled in my post, absolutely satisfied both creatively and financially...

(in case any of the show's brain trust wanders here...)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Believe it or not, this is a job I'm enjoying more than most. The people, the atmospere... I feel luckier on that set than I have in a while.

Now, that's to say nothing of my desperation when I TOOK the job! Sometimes, desperation pays off.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home