Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Take Out, Wine, and Dog Food

I went to my favorite Lebanese place, Carnival, tonight to pick up some food to bring home for dinner. I've been going there a few years and the food is AMAZING! The thing is, it has gotten progressively busier and busier over the years. Tonight, I tried calling to place my order. I got a busy signal for ten minutes. So I decided to just go down there, place the order, go do my quick shopping, then come back and pick it up. As I pulled into the lot, and found NOT ONE SPACE, I tried calling again. They finally picked up and I ordered.

Then I went to the grocery store to buy some chicken and rice to cook for Bogie. See, he just isn't keeping food down the last couple of days and I read on-line that it's a good idea to cook plain chicken and rice (no seasonings) and feed them a little to see if they keep that down. I'm taking him to the vet in the morning either way, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

While at the store, I saw they had Yellowtail Shiraz/Cabernet on sale for five bucks. This is the best cheap wine I have found in a long time, so I buy it often. I got two bottles.

I went back to Carnival, double parked, and picked up my food. It was PACKED! Every table was full and there were about eight people waiting. If the food wasn't so good, it would be annoying. But, I love when places like this succeed. The owner is a great guy. He's one of those people that make you feel super special if he likes you. Once he brought me free baklava to "fatten me up." I've never felt so important. Plus, they have NEVER screwed up a to-go order and the food has NEVER been bad. Sometimes the servers are a little acerbic, but it adds to the atmosphere.

Got back home and Russ and I ate our Carnival Combination with rice, salad, lentil soup and Hummus Mushroom. Amazing, as usual. I also had a couple glasses of my Yellowtail. Then I cooked dinner for Bogie. He loved it and he's kept it down for an hour and a half so far. Yay.

I swear, if I have to start cooking for my dog every night, I'll kill someone. Or, I'll cook dinner for him every night. I guess that's more likely.

Here's Carnival's website: http://www.carnivalrest.com/. If you live in L.A. do yourself a favor and eat there. It's really freaking good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

Love it. Just love it. Now, wait a minute... you say you had a COUPLE glasses of Yellow Tail last night? LISA! Wow! That makes me very happy! (well, I guess if you have to cook a fancy meal of chicken and rice with no seasonings for your barfy baby boy, you've earned it)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Michael Markowitz said...

That parking thing is a pet peeve of mine. I wish more places had curbside service for takeout, or a reserved space or two. The Outback has both. It may not be fine dining, but knowing I can call ahead, pull up, and have a smiling server bring the food to my car is a BIG selling point!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Max, you are the only married man NOT trying to get someone into the sack I know that actually experiences happiness when you read that someone refilled their wine glass.
But in fairness, I was also surprised to hear that Lisa had a second glass. She must have been wasted.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home