Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24th, 2008

I absolutely have to start writing every day. Even if it's just a paragraph. Because I swear the longer I go, the more I feel completely overwhelmed by the amount I have to talk about.

Garrett is six months old.

Hilariously, I wrote the above sentences two and a half weeks ago! I find that funny. So, now Garrett is almost SEVEN months old! The last few weeks have been wild. I thought I had stopped all the crying and crazy emotions. I thought I had stopped checking on him constantly as he slept. WRONG!!

One night, about a week or so ago, Russ and I quietly crept into Garrett's room as he slept. Peeking into his crib, we felt the relief we always feel when we see that he's breathing and sleeping peacefully. As Russ reached into the crib to gently touch Garrett's back, Garrett's head flung up and he stared into the dark room. Of course, by the time he looked in our direction we were crouched down and running, already half-way out of the room. When we got to the living room we couldn't stop laughing. "I bet that's where the idea of the bogey man comes from", Russ said. "We probably looked like scary monsters racing out of the room just now."

Okay, I wanted to write so much more but G-Man is up from his nap and crying.
More to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

Little slices of sweet lemon in my ice water of life.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home