Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23rd, 2008

I absolutely have to go to sleep, but I just had to say that I am so very grateful.

Last night Russ and I sat in bed and watched the tape of Garrett's birth, the day leading up to it, and the days after. I had forgotten how exciting and scary those days were. They also were full of the kind of fun and danger that you only get to experience a few times in your life... Staying up really late, giggling, talking about things that make you who you are. We have the last hours of Russ and Lisa on tape, (or mini DV), and the first moments of Russ, Lisa, and Garrett. There's so much love on those tapes... It took my breath away.

Today I took Garrett to My Gym. Have I wrote about that yet? If so, you already know. If not, just know that it's a giant room with a ton of baby-friendly, padded toys and slides and swings and ropes and ball pits and climby things and puppets and things to pull yourself up on, and tambourines, and other babies.

Garrett loves it there so much, I'm usually afraid his head will explode. I always get a little choked up watching him play there. Seeing him happy makes me euphoric. So, I guess My Gym makes me euphoric. Nice.

All this and I've been working this week, and we've found a nanny who seems like she fell from heaven, or at least from the sky, holding an umbrella that gently brought her down to Earth, and onto our doorstep. She feeds Garrett his medicina with a spoonful of azucar, but otherwise she's exactly like Mary Poppins.

So, I'm grateful. Very, very grateful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

"She feeds Garrett his medicina with a spoonful of azucar...".

STOP IT, LISA!!! Just... stop it.

That video was harrowing. I will never forget it. NOW look at the result!

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miracle cont.
Breathe in, breathe out.
AL

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home