Monday, September 11, 2006

MAD TV Petition

This is an unconventional post for me, but I'm doing it because I have some pretty cool fans and one of them has asked me to post this. Before I do, let me tell you about these people I call "fans".

I'm a low-level star. As a matter of fact, it's probably presumptuous to use the word "star" at all when describing myself. So I'll just say I'm a low-level thing.
Somehow, even low-level things get "fans" nowadays thanks to the "internets". Well, my fans are awesome. They email me, they congratulate me on gigs, they respond when I send out announcements... It's pretty awesome. PLUS, they're all over the world!! I know! I don't get it either!! But really. They're in Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, The Blue States, some of The Red States, and other places.

I feel very lucky to know these people are out there and that they care about my career and that they all hope that I one day become a low-level star.

Now, to the point. One of these cool fans is part of a movement on PlanetMadTV.com to have QDE put out each complete season of Mad TV on DVD. Apparently they stopped after season one, and now they're just putting out "best of" DVDs. So look at it, sign it if you want, and help make this dream a reality. I appreciate your time, and so do my "fans".

Signed,
Lisa
Low-Level Thing Extraordinaire




"This is a petition to request that QDE Entertainment and Warner Brothers continue the DVD-boxed-set reissues of complete seasons of the hilarious sketch comedy series "MADtv." The complete Season One DVD set was issued last year; however, because of reportedly disappointing sales, the planned series of complete "MADtv" DVD sets has been discontinued. Although QDE and Warner are releasing a "Best of 'MADtv'" DVD this year to spotlight the show's last three seasons, we feel that a cutting-edge comedy series like "MADtv," with so many wonderful recurring characters and witty parodies, deserves to be released in its entirety, not just as a series of "best-of's." Therefore, by signing this petition, you will be helping "MADtv" fans in an effort to continue complete-season DVD releases of this wonderful show.
Please visit http://www.planetmadtv.com for more information.

Sincerely,
The Undersigned"

http://www.petitiononline.com/mad4dvd/petition.html

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done. And thank you for the past two times we've spent together! I remain a very lucky dude. And fan.

7:22 PM  
Blogger James Scolari said...

low-level thing extraordinaire? love that. but what's below in the hierarchy? surely garden-variety low-level things, then maybe sub-level things, then quasi-things, pseudo things, then, what... set dressers?

7:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

If you think you're going to get me to rag on anyone in this business who works their ass off behind the scenes, you are wrong, mister!! But I like having a new reader!

And Max... I remain a lucky gal!

11:33 PM  
Blogger James Scolari said...

on the contrary! didn't mean that at all... was really making fun of you, hello... but we sub-level things who eke out lives below the line much appreciate your, er, appreciation!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

of COURSE i knew you were making fun!! i just wanted to clearly state my appreciation for those who get so little of it, darn it! and i like to steer the attention away from me when i'm being made fun of. see how i did that?

7:41 PM  
Blogger James Scolari said...

very deft. no wonder you've climbed from sub-level and garden variety to your current 'exrtraordinaire.' can't wait to see to what heights you next climb...

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home