Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sky Miles

A couple of days ago I got an email from Delta saying my Sky Miles were expiring in December. I have a lot of miles from traveling back and forth to Atlanta when I was on "Dinner and a Movie". I actually have enough for a free round trip to Europe, or two round trip tickets anywhere in the states. That's cool.

Anyway, my miles were going to expire unless there was some "activity in my account". Funny... That's always been a euphemism for sex in my house. "Hey honey, I'm totally in the mood for some activity in my account", or "I can't have any activity in my account. It's that time of the month."

So, I just spent an HOUR trying to figure out what to buy from one of Delta's retail partners just so I could hold on to those miles for another two years. I ended up getting a 12 ounce bag of Holiday Blend coffee and a travel mug from Java City. I figure we buy coffee all the time anyway, and I could always use an extra travel mug. With shipping and tax it ended up being 23 dollars. I guess that's worth it to fly for free!

I just thought it was funny that I had to shop to keep my points. Now that I see it written down, it's not that funny. Remind me not to bring this up at the next dinner party I'm invited to.

4 Comments:

Blogger James Scolari said...

europe on 23 dollars? not bad.

now you just gotta keep that account active (okay, despite the temptation, that is NOT some kind of lame pun about the amount of sex in your household)...

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a massive fan of you who live in the mid-west. You have talent and sense of lagh,

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just a fat fan from California, but yeah, you shouldn't really blog about such mundane stuff...then again why am I reading it...You've inspired me to get away from my computer and get some exercise...

Thank You

2:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

No, Anonymous... Thank YOU! If I can bore one person to the point of needing to exercise... I've done my job.

Lisa Arch: Boring America Skinny Since 2005!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home