Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Even Seacrest Can't Ruin It

Idol is back.
Idol is back.
Idol is back!!!

I don't know what makes me happier: "Beauty and the Geek" or "American Idol". But does a girl really have to choose? And to think, Ashton Kutcher is behind one while Ryan Seacrest hosts the other. Two pretty boys in love with themselves. And neither of them takes anything away from the beauty of either show.

I'll even go as far as to say Ryan doesn't bug me. That's right. I think he's doing a fine job. I mean, lay off the guy! It's not HIS fault he has thirty jobs!! Hollywood LOVES him! He knows he needs to take everything he's offered because this is a fickle, fickle town my friend. And he is not the least bit offensive hosting "AI". Just back away slowly. Leave him alone. He has a hair dryer and he's not afraid to use it.

Some highlights from the show?
The Statue of Liberty!!
The Crazy Guy they LET GO TO HOLLYWOOD!
The guy from the small town who had his grandma with him? DID YOU SEE THAT? HE SINGS LIKE AN AUNTIE!!!!!
And, ladies and gentlemen...
Shmaris Shmilton!!!! She was the best. You know who I mean.

Now, "Beauty and the Geek". I implore you to watch this. I am literally on my knees begging. I didn't see any of season one. But I watched the first episode of season two, and I am not afraid to tell you... I cried. I did! It was PHENOMENAL!! That Ashton is doing something right. No wonder Demi loves him. He's sensitive. He wants the beautiful people and the smart people to understand each other. I LOVE IT! It's a lovely show. I'm not kidding! Just watch it! It encores Wednesday night!

Oh, and "Project Runway" is on fire.

I'm a sad, sad girl.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

Do you how hard it was for me not to give away the inevitable arrival of Shmaris Shmilton when you called? Unbelievable.

"You sing like an auntie". Thank you. Best line of the night.

Sad, sad girls and sad, sad boys thankfully manage to find each other in a World of Shit.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Michael Markowitz said...

I am calling an emergency meeting of all Jews to vote Shmaris Shmilton out of the tribe. What a shonda!

More hilarious than the auntie was Simon's snort at the question, "What makes you different?"

I love that show.

And yes, Beauty and the Geek is the most unexpectedly moving of all the shows.

And I love Seacrest. All you have to do is watch some of the other shows to appreciate how really good he is.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm thinking of going to Denver to round up my boys, Flawless and the Cosmic Coaster dude. I got a pilot idea for those two gems.

And thank you to Koch for making me understand.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

YES! I would watch that pilot RELIGIOUSLY! Oh, Flawless. If you only knew how ironic your name is.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home