Saturday, February 11, 2006

How Symbolic

I needed to put something in the wash that I bought last week. As I'm sure most of you have seen, instead of words on the tag there were symbols. Only symbols.

Well, I need this damn thing to be washed, and I just took in all my dry cleaning and I'm not going back there. So, here's what I did:

I went to www.textileaffairs.com, and it answered all my questions. My garment is now happily spinning around in a cold wash which will be followed by a low-temperature drying, and a light, steamy ironing.

Moments like this make me love living in the age of the internet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Markowitz said...

Scam, scam and more scam.

Everything goes in warm water. everything goes in tumble dry.
Everything gets hung up promptly on big hangers.

With the exception of fine fabrics, which get dry cleaned.

The rest is all them punking you.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Warm????
Unless it's towels, sheets, or whites I do it all cold/cold! I'm terrified of shrinkage!

But, I'm sure you're right. I'm just paranoid.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Michael Markowitz said...

I used to be terrified of shrinkage and bleedage... and then I learned:

Nothing ever bleeds anymore, thanks to new detergent and fabric technology

Nothing shrinks unless you dry it too long.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Also, you can shake a soda can as much and as hard as you like... As long as you wait ten seconds, you can open it and it won't explode. Try it and see. Science is always changing our lives!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't stop the Internet.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Michael Markowitz said...

Lisa, tonight I microwaved a bowl of soup with a wet paper towel on it, just like you said to do, and it was perfect. Thank you! I may do everything like you say to do from now on! I also may do everything with a wet paper towel on it from now on!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home