Friday, June 01, 2007

25 Weeks

I am going to tell you something that I don't normally tell people. Especially when I'm not pregnant. I'm going to tell you my weight.

I was 148.6 when I woke up this morning. HOLY CRAP!! That is a number that I NEVER thought I would want to see on the scale. EVER! And, you just know that number's only getting bigger over the next three months. Wow. I've officially gained 18 pounds. (If you're brilliant at math, you now know how much I weighed before the pregnancy). Now, here's the weird part: I love it! I mean, it's weird, and my center of gravity is off, and I have back pains and odd pulling-pains and my legs are kind of fat and my arms are kind of fat... But for the first time in my life, I'm letting myself enjoy some extra poundage.

Obviously I'm aware that's it's not permanent (unless I'm really lazy after the birth). And I know that all this extra weight is for the express purpose of creating a healthy baby. And obviously that is why I'm taking it so well. But give me a break! I'm a body-obsessed idiot and, at least for these nine or ten months, I'm a BABY-obsessed idiot who is loving her pregnant body!

On to other topics.

I've got lists of things coming up: I've got to finish registering, fix up my car to sell, buy a new car, buy my car seat to get it fitted into my new car, have my blood glucose screening to see if I have gestational diabetes, clean out the garage to store stuff from the guest room, turn the guest room into the nursery, book appointments with pediatricians, etc. etc. You should see the lists all over my desk! It's hysterical.

Here's the best news for anyone that's actually enjoying these entries:

BIRTHING CLASSES START IN MID-JULY!! Oh, I bet I'm going to have stories for you! All I know is, Russ and I are showing up with two pillows and a blanket and we're going to learn about birthing babies!! And there will be other couples there!! Hopefully, for the sake of this blog, at least one or two of the other couples will be really dumb. Dumber than me, even!

Other than that, I start back on "Cory in the House" next week. This will be my first work experience with a basketball-sized gut. It should be interesting. I can't wait to see how they hide it, which they're doing because single women on Disney shows can not all of a sudden become pregnant. That would scar children for life... Probably even more than the death of Bambi's mom.

If this entry seemed a little "all over the place"... OH WELL! I'm pregnant!! Cut a girl some slack!! Oh, and thank you for reading.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

All I have to say is... a fat Lisa is MORE Lisa and THAT'S grand news to me.

Congrats on this entry. Can't waiting for the baby birthing class blog.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home