Friday, August 29, 2008

August 29th, 2008

It wasn't necessarily directed to me, but it was said while he was facing me.

Mama.

In 11 months Garrett hasn't ever (that I know of) made the "M" sound at all. I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen; that one day we'd go to Agic Ountain and ride the Erry Go Round. I thought his favorite food would be Acaroni and Cheese and he'd start drinking Whole Ilk when he turned one next Onth.

He says his "D"s and his "B"s with the utmost clarity. "DaDa has been used to describe everything from Russ to Bogie to, well, everything. And BaBa has become increasingly popular.

But last night Russ and I stood in front of Garrett saying to each other, "Hello Mama" and, "Hello DaDa"... Trying to get the little guy to know our names. And then, with a burst of energy and in a very clear voice he said it: "MAMA"! It was all I could do not to jump up and down. So I jumped up and down and ran into the kitchen and cried a little and ran back in the room and picked him up and hugged him a little too hard and put him back down where I asked him to say it again... Whew... And he did!

Then this morning when I went to get him, he said it again and again and again.

Just when I thought things were perfect. They got more perfecter. I said it.

Euphoria, Thy Name is Mama. At least when Garrett says it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

"Agic Ountain".

Congrats on OFFICIALLY being... Mama.

- Ax

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...perfect! Love, AL

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home