Sunday, June 17, 2007

27 Weeks, Sunday

You know how when you eat too much, your stomach gets distended and you have to unzip your pants and you feel like you're going to pop? Well, multiply that by ONE THOUSAND!!!!!

All of a sudden today, I am feeling this insane stretching and pulling. And it hurts. It feels like Sesame is bracing himself against my uterus and pushing against my stomach with all of his might. I picture him squinting and grinding his teeth as he uses his Herculean strength to make more room for himself. O.K., I know he has no teeth and that his eyes are barely starting to open, but it makes for a funny picture.

He's also decided to start kicking so hard that you can SEE the kicks. That is some crazy shit, my friend. But, back to the pain. I'm wondering if this is just a temporary growing pain, or if it's just going to get worse and worse as each month goes by. It seriously feels like my stomach is trying to separate from the rest of my body. It's trying to secede from the union, if you will.

It's kind of hurting my ribs, too. Not to mention the sciatic nerve pain I'm now feeling on a regular basis. I fear waddling around for the next few months, holding my stomach with one hand and my back with the other. In the Sunday morning cartoon of my life, this is not an image I want drawn.

I think I need to pop in the pre-natal yoga dvd my friend bought me three months ago. I should also resume the walking I abandoned a couple weeks ago. BUT IT HURTS!!

Alright, I'll stop complaining! I'm just trying to let you in on all the beauty that creating life entails. This is hard work, people! But fear not. I am still basking in the glow of all that is wonderful about this magnificent happening.

Oh, and the zits are back. I should mention that in the interest of full disclosure. I am being blessed with my second adolescence. But, not too worry. They are 84% coverable with M.A.C. Studio Fix and some Lorac concealer. Plus if I really gloss up the kisser, and push up the milkers, you barely even look at my right cheek.

Off to bed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

You didn't just type "push up the milkers". How many pregnancy blogs recommend THAT when you temporarily get fat and zitty?

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home