Tuesday, June 19, 2007

27 Weeks, Tuesday

I don't want this to turn into a blog of complaints. It's just that there are so many hilarious things going on with my body that it SOUNDS like I'm complaining, when really I'm just trying to illuminate for you all that goes on during this magnificent time.

Yesterday I woke up at 8:00AM with the most horrific cramp in my left calf. I sat there with my leg up quietly saying, "Ow, ow, ow, ow..." until I made it loud enough to wake up Russ. "What's going on?" "My leg. It's cramping REALLY BAD!!" "Don't point your toe. Stop pointing your toe." "I'm trying!"

He then forced my foot back so that the muscle was being stretched and after a couple of minutes the pain subsided. But, HOLY CRAP that hurt!

When I logged on to my email, guess what was there? A message from Baby Center about leg cramps! It said that around this time you get cramping because of how the baby is sitting, the extra weight you're carrying, and the fact that it takes longer for the blood to pump from your legs to your heart. It said to drink a lot of water (which I do), and to walk (which I stopped), and to try to stay off your feet for long periods. It also said to have your husband push your foot back to stop the pain. Russ is good.

I immediately put on sweats and took Bogie for a mile-long walk. It felt really good, actually. I then drank a lot of water and proceeded to stay ON my feet all day cooking and doing stuff around the house. I couldn't help it! I needed to have food in the fridge, then dishes needed doing and laundry had to be done. Oh well.

So, this morning I woke up and could barely stand on my left leg because my calf is so sore. Of course, I can barely stand on my RIGHT leg because of my sciatic pain. You should have seen my walk to the bathroom. Hilarious!!

So now I'm going to drink some water, put on some sweats and try to work this pain out on a walk with Bogie. I will then attempt to stay off my feet as much as possible today. If you see a big girl hobbling from side to side with a dog that has to stop and pee at every tree in the neighborhood... Feel free to say hello.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

No doubt, hilarious. Still. Yowch!

You are a TROOPER! Now stay off those dogs...

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home