Sunday, July 01, 2007

29 Weeks

152.8 pounds this morning.

We can not think of a name for the life of us! I mean we've thought of plenty, but so far none of them are sticking. We'll keep trying, though. Or we'll name him Kid. Kid Arch. Has a nice ring, no?

Yesterday we went to a birthday party for our friends' one-year-old son and experienced generosity that we will certainly pay forward in the future. As we were getting ready to leave, they told us they had some stuff we might want to take a look at in the garage. We ended up leaving about 15 minutes later with a stroller, an amazing swing, a great baby rocker and an extra car seat base. These are all things we can now take off the registry because we already have them!! I can't tell you how cool that is. PLUS, it's sort of like recycling so it makes me feel really good in that way, too.

We were seriously blown away. Hopefully we'll keep it all very nice in case they want it back for a second kid. But we know we'll try to be as generous to someone else in a year with the stuff we're no longer using that's still in good condition.

What else can I tell you? I was sort of overwhelmed this morning, sitting on the couch with my dog, Bogie. He was leaning against me with all of his weight and his head was on my lap. It suddenly hit me that quiet moments alone with my dog would be few and far between soon. Things are really about to change. I know the changes are going to be amazing and wonderful, but there is a letting go of the familiar moments that is a tad scary, and even a little sad. Not sad, really. Just sentimental.

I'm trying to take in moments that will all be different soon. I know that once Sesame is here, I won't want to trade a moment with him for anything. But, until he is here, I've got to pay attention to what life is like with just me, Russ, Bogie, and the cats. There's just about 10 more weeks...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dec said...

Need a name?

Declan... I highly recommend it. :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom. ~Confucius

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Max-I don't get the Confucius saying. Please explain. Seriously. I've read it 30 times. I'm not that smart.

Dec-We will take your name suggestion under serious consideration. But you have to promise to name something after me. It can be a cat, a dog... even a plant. I'm not picky.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home