Sunday, September 09, 2007

39 Weeks, Sunday

165.6 today! I guess Sesame was retaining water the other morning.

Ten years ago today, Russ and I had dinner at T.G.I. Friday's, saw "Copland", and kissed for the first time. We had been spending a lot of time together before that night, but it was the kiss that signified the beginning of our relationship. Ten years ago today, my life got a whole lot better.

Everyone says the love you feel for a child is unlike any love you've ever felt before. I believe that. But I don't believe it will take away one ounce of what I feel for my husband. I didn't think I could love him any more than I did, but I have somehow fallen deeper in love with him during my pregnancy. I know seeing him with our son will increase it even more. I also had a brilliant example in parenting and teamwork from my parents. They always made it very clear that they loved each other deeply and that we were fitting into their lives, as opposed to them revolving their lives around their kids. I think that gave me a great sense of safety and security because I knew they were working as a team to raise us. I hope Russ and I can accomplish the same thing.

A couple of nights ago, we lay in bed holding each other for a few minutes. Without any warning, I started to cry. I was overwhelmed with the feeling that everything we knew, and everything we were over the last ten years was about to change. I can't wait for the changes because I know they will be wonderful, but a part of me mourns the Russ and Lisa we've been up until now. I think that's normal and good. I think I need to feel these things.

I was really hoping I would go into labor today so we could tell our son he was born exactly ten years after his Daddy and I became an item. But it was not to be. It's a good thing, too. We would have had to name him after Sly Stallone's character in "Copland"... And Sheriff Freddy Arch doesn't sound too good.

Tomorrow we'll find out how Sesame's doing with a non-stress test. I can't wait. No matter what, I'm going to be a MOM in nine days!!!!!! Holy crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

I'm amazed at how seamlessly you wove "COP LAND" into a proclamation of love for your husband-slash-father of your child. Great work.

"COP LAND" also triggered an image of Mary (you) and Joseph (Russ) gathered in the manger around the new baby boy... with De Niro, Keitel, and Liotta as the Three Wise Men... Garofolo as a donkey... followed by Sly, Robert Patrick, Michael Rapaport, and Frankie "Phil Leotardo" Vincent as shepherds ("COP LAND" had quite a cast, man). Too bad we're not closer to Christmas, cuz THAT would be some gift.

P.S. I have zero recollection of you getting a speeding ticket.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sheriff Freddy"! Personally, I love it!..we've never had a Freddy in the Arch family...of course,...it's entirely your decision.


(Say hello to Gramma Rauh!)
Love, AL

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home