Friday, August 17, 2007

36 Weeks

162.6 pounds this morning.

We had our last Birthing Class last week where we learned the wonders of "What Happens After the Baby is Born"! Our instructor/midwife let us in on all the gritty details of what to expect once we get home.

And, it wasn't just about lack of sleep, or figuring out how to handle the baby. No. It was about learning to deal with the kind of monster a woman apparently turns into after pushing a human being out of her hoo-ha.

Here are the things I will be looking out for:
Excessive bleeding for several weeks,
Possible hemorrhoids (I'll take ANYTHING else!),
Not being able to wipe after urination, and instead using a hospital-dispensed bottle which I will fill with water to cleanse myself,
The appearance of being 6 months pregnant even though I've already given birth,
Tender breasts and nipples,
Possible post-partum which makes you depressed and irrational...

It was at this point that Russ leaned over to me and whispered, "Don't forget about the limp", to which I added, "And the eye patch!" Our friends, The Blonds over-heard us and laughed like crazy. I then got very nauseous and we had to pack it in early.

About four weeks to go, and Sesame seems like he really wants to get out of there. He is punching and stretching and pushing against some parts of my back and stomach that are HURTING LIKE CRAZY!! It's also really hard to breathe at night. Not to mention I'm having a ton of contractions again. But he hasn't dropped yet and, after checking my cervix, my doctor says I'm no where near delivering.

Russ and I are dying to hold him. Who is this kid? I am so ready to find out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

I breathlessly anticipate the Lisa pirate.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schedule a pedicure and massage immediately! Love, AL

7:20 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

Lisa you are my insparation. you are so amazing. ahha you make me crack up! i love you so much! you are the best! ill comment later.
peace xoxo

ps check out my blog spot thing! lol.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home