Monday, August 27, 2007

37 Weeks, Monday

Still having problems loading photos, damn it!

The last couple of nights I've been dreaming about him. I always forget what he looks like by the time I wake up, but I spend a lot of time with him while I'm asleep.

The other night I kept dreaming about breast feeding. I was struggling a bit, but doing a pretty good job. Then all of a sudden, he turned into my cat, Misty!! It was a bit harder to breast feed her because she kept gnawing on me with her little fangs. Luckily, she turned back into Sesame and all was right with the world.

Then I dreamed that I was taking him on a drive and I put him in his car seat. But he crawled up into the front seat and seat-belted himself in! I said, "Hey! You've gotta stay in your car seat facing backwards in the back seat!" Then I pulled over on the shoulder of the freeway and could NOT get him back in the seat the right way. It was very frustrating.

Apparently these are the kind of anxiety dreams that women experience in their third trimester. Luckily, mine are more humorous than anxiety-ridden. And I really dig seeing this dream baby, whoever he is. I'm pretty sure I even say his name in the dreams. I wish I could hear what it is... It might help us make a decision!

In other news, our friends The Blonds from birthing class had their baby girl Friday morning! I'm going to try to go see her this week if they aren't too bombarded with people. It's so exciting! I can't wait to hear how it all went.

Lastly, Deena came over tonight and completely organized the nursery. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
I almost feel like we're READY for him now!! It's so spectacular! Now all I have to do is pack my hospital bag, and I think I'm done. Man, I'm lucky to have the kind of friends I have. And that is the world's biggest understatement.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

MISTY ON YOUR TIT!! THAT KILLED ME!

And the Dream Baby stuffs awesome, too.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO on task here! Can't remember having such vivid dreams myself, but US dreamt (a week before I gave birth to our daughter),as he was watching, I gave birth to a FROG, a HUGE, green frog, with LONG froggy legs! Trying to erase that image from my mind was..well...impossible! As it turned out, she was/is beautiful,and her long legs were not frog-like at all! We are so happy to read-a-long..thank you!Love, AL

5:10 PM  
Blogger frank said...

so here i am, watching this reel comedy thing, and i'm trying to figure out who you are. "she's cute," i thought. so i google and google, and find you here. your blog isn't as good as mine, but you're hotter.

so i was all ready to make you my new pretend girlfriend only to realize you're pregnant. christ. why would you go and do that to yourself?

let me know when you pop that kid out and lose the weight. we'll make out.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lozo- thanks for taking the time to find my blog. I'm just shallow enough to find it flattering that you might not love my writing, but you think I'm hot.

I checked out your blog and enjoyed what I've read so far. Especially the Rachael Ray shit.

You're the first person I'll call when I'm back to my fighting weight. Really. The first.

AL- A FROG!! That is so great. Russ is having some freaky anxiety dreams of his own. At least the men are getting in on the action a little!!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home