Friday, August 24, 2007

37 Weeks

Holy Crap!! I've got three weeks to go! (Please... let him come early or on time).
167 pounds. 167!! I've gained close to three pounds in the last week. I'm assuming it's because this kid is done cooking and can come out at any time. So essentially I'm feeding two whole people every time I eat. I'm starving all the time!! (It's fun).

So, my best friend Deena threw me a shower a couple weeks ago. Originally we were going to have a big, co-ed party but we decided to keep it small and girls-only. She kept every aspect of it a secret from me so I was completely surprised when I saw what she did.

Several years ago, we both read a book called "The Red Tent". It's a fictionalized account of the women of the Old Testament. It has a lot to do with sisterhood, birthing babies, and just the general power that women possess. It changed a lot about the way I think of women. It really blew me away.

Well, Deena threw a "Red Tent Shower". It was unbelievable. She actually built a freaking RED TENT in her backyard! She also hired henna artists to decorate all the guests... I had my very own artist for my belly. There's no way I can describe the emotions I felt when I saw her backyard, or the way I felt to have my closest girl friends around me to celebrate the coming baby. So I'm just going to show you a bunch of pictures. I don't know who would want to actually have their picture shown, so I'm only including ones that have me and Deena in them. Hope this does the party justice!

Okay... So I've been trying to upload photos and it won't let me because Blogger is having issues. As soon as I'm able, I will give you a bunch of pictures.

This now gives me space to complain:
MY FREAKING BACK HURTS!
MY RIBS FEEL LIKE THEY'RE CRACKING UNDER THE PRESSURE OF AN ARM OR A LEG!
I CAN'T STAND OR SIT FOR MORE THAN THIRTY MINUTES!
SLEEPING HAS BECOME A DISTANT MEMORY!

Ahhh. That felt good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

I can't believe you got 3 weeks to go.

Eat for two,
Drink for two,
Sleep for two,
Now

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds incredibly awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures!Thanks for sharing - I was so curious since Deena was so hush hush when I saw her. EEEEKKKKK three weeks!! I'm freaking out for you!!! P.S. I don't care how crazy your life becomes after the baby is born, I'm giving you three weeks to get a picture of Sesame on this blog once he makes his entrance!! xoxo

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home