Sunday, September 16, 2007

40 Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean to go seven days without blogging. But it probably gave you a sense that you were waiting for something. Just waiting and waiting and waiting.

WELL, SCREW YOU! I'M WAITING TO POP A KID OUT AND HE'S TAKING HIS SWEET DAMN TIME!

My mother-in-law came to town on Tuesday, which was my official due date according to my ob/gyn. So, I'm about five days late now. Yesterday contractions started coming pretty regularly. For a time, they were coming every three to five minutes! For a time. Then they started spreading out again. Every nine minutes. Every eleven. Every twenty. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! We spent the whole day on "contraction watch", writing down every single freaking one.

I'm not supposed to even call the doctor until I have them every five minutes for an hour!! Well, that's okay I guess. We're getting closer, at least. It's just so damn weird waiting for your entire life to change, and timing it with a tacky white stop watch you bought at Target for $9.99.

Today I told Mom and Russ that we had to get out of the house because I couldn't have another day like that. I took the car to get it washed in the morning, then we all went to Babies "R" Us to return a bunch of stuff and buy a bunch of stuff, then Mom treated us to a great lunch at Cheesecake Factory. It was 4:00 when we were done and my back wasn't able to take any more walking or standing.

Tomorrow I go to the ob to see where we stand. Or squat. I was 168 pounds this morning. I have a feeling I won't be writing again until I'm officially a Mommy. Thank you for reading my pregnancy blog. I can't tell you what it has meant to me to be able to put all of these feelings out into the uterus. I mean the universe. The fact that anyone has been reading it is just an extra, very surreal bonus.

I promise I will do my darndest to keep a Mommy Blog going. Even if they're short entries. We're embarking on something big here. We're ready!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Yellow Dart said...

"It's just so damn weird waiting for your entire life to change, and timing it with a tacky white stop watch you bought at Target for $9.99."

Awesome. In the best sense of the word.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try your best to stay in the moment..savor the journey, every...single... nerve-wracking moment! Love, AL

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Lisa! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am a devoted fan of yours; you are a hilarious and amazingly talented actress. I've been reading your blog for about a year now, and haven't had the guts to comment before. Heh. Anyway, I love reading your opinions and the tales of your life. You word things awesomely, to say the least.

You are going to be such a brilliant mother. Again, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! If only Sesame would hurry up! :)

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This entry was, in a word, PRICELESS. You truly get across every anxious, excited, frustrated, eager feeling you're having - and somehow you manage to make us all laugh at the same time! I'll be waiting anxiously as well for your pregnancy journey to come to an end and the incredible mommy journey to begin. Despite the haze you'll be in, please try and remember every moment of it - I can't wait to hear (or read) your description of it! And now I have two words for Sesame - COME OUT!!!
Lots of love!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Lisa! Steve and I anxiously await news of your little one's arrival. It's been fun reading, and riveting, too. I just typed 3 different "humorous" sentences and then deleted them, because they all seemed to be either gross or in bad taste, so I will not attempt to be funny, and instead I shall repeat the time-honored mantra of many an expectant / delivering mother: Shout it loud and clear, with feeling, now, "Give me the Epidural!!" XOXO

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I read your blog all the time, but rarely comment (I usually don't have anything productive to say!) but you are highly entertaining and you ought to consider writing a book or something. You're a great writer and I'm sure you'll be a great mom as well.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home