Sunday, September 30, 2007

Garrett


Garrett Mitchell was born at 12:38 PM on Tuesday September 18th, 2007.
He weighed 8.27 Ounces and was 20 and 3/4 inches long.
Our lives are forever changed.

I have never felt such a roller coaster of emotions, nor have I ever been more exhausted. I think I can say the same for Russ.

All the fears I posted in my pregnancy blog have been replaced by new ones. I no longer fear my life changing, or being thought of only as "Mom". Garrett fits in perfectly and we can't imagine life without him. It really does happen like that. My fears now are of being a good enough mom, of being able to protect my son, of ever being able to sleep deeply again... I now always have one ear listening to Garrett.

But, fears seem like a waste of time now. It's much better to spend that time watching Russ burp Garrett, or getting some extra sleep, or washing little socks and hats. I hope this time doesn't go by too fast. It's all so simple and perfect.

My heart has grown. My family has grown. Life is pretty amazing.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

Positively perfect.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true Mother! Welcome! We are so, so happy for you all! Love, AL & US

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And hey, now maybe you'll get some use for your wardrobe from Windy City Heat. :)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing, isn't it, Lisa? It does really happen like that! And it ONLY GETS BETTER!!! And you are SO RIGHT about not wasting time worrying about some things when it's so much more fun to just revel in the amazingness of your new family! Love, Mo

11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey Lisa!!

Mike Romo here--just wanted to say congratulations!!! Whoo hoo! so awesome...

xxoo,
mike

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Ariel said...

Are you that funny woman from madtv? i love you.
congratulations on your baby, they always look ugly when they're born but this one's pretty cute.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home