Thursday, November 15, 2007

November 15th

I am going to attempt to blog. Why haven't I done so since September 30th? Well, it's been a tad busy around here. As a matter of fact, I hear the little guy stirring right now so I'll probably have to come back to this later. The other reason I haven't blogged is it seems like too great a task. I mean, what do I say? What can I tell you about the last eight weeks of our lives? There's too much and so little all at the same time.

Damn, he's not getting up yet. I can still sit here. O.K.

For the past eight weeks I have done little else but feed Garrett, clothe Garrett, bathe Garrett, change Garrett's diapers, wash Garrett's blankies, burpies, sheets, and clothes, talk to Garrett, stare at Garrett and call Russ over when Garrett is doing something adorable. Russ has had the exact same schedule, minus the laundry.

Sure, we've worked in going out to eat, shopping at Target and Trader Joes, and even visiting my dad in the hospital. But otherwise it's been a day-in, day-out Garrett Fest.

We still can't believe he's our son and we're his parents. It doesn't seem real. And truthfully, I don't know how to put down in words what I feel about all of it. I think I'll be able to sometime in the future, but not now. I just love the little guy so much. I have so many hopes for his future and such a desire to stop time where it stands. I have an acute sense of how precious time is and an extreme awareness of moments.

One last thing before I pick him up. So many women told me, "You don't even know what love is yet. I know you love your husband, but you'll love a child so much more." I've got to be honest. I love this kid so much I feel like my heart will explode. I loved Russ beyond words before Garrett got here... And I love him even more now. I see him with our son and all of the qualities that I've always loved seem etched even deeper into who he is. He is already a brilliant father and has not lost a step as a husband. So, sorry ladies! Your little vex didn't work! Ha ha!!

There you go. I blogged. And Garrett didn't stop me! I'll try to check in more often. I'm just wary of starting every entry with, "You won't believe what Garrett just did!"

Here's a recent pic:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bowler Hat Productions said...

Well, last night I got to hang out for an extended period of time with Garrett, Lisa, and Russ... and I have to say I think they're doing a FINE job as parental units.

And Garrett? Well, Garrett's a dude you just wanna totally hang with on a mellow Thursday night with a glass of wine and a Ducks game in HD. Uh... even though they lost.

Garrett Fest 2007's ON!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your son is adorable.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is good! It's now Team Garrett all the way! Isn't your life with Garrett and Russ, just so amazing? Love, AL & US

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home